Khangchendzonga National Park is UNESCO’S World Heritage. This National Park is situated at a very high altitude preserving the beautiful wildlife and the spectacular flora and fauna.
Best trekking and hiking trails:
The place is heaven for the hikers and the trekkers. You will be glad to know that the park is the start point of some mesmerizing trekking tracks. These trails pass through some of the best terrains and forests. Those who come to trek to this place, they get wonderstruck with the mind blowing view of Mount Khangchendzonga.
Why Khangchendzonga National Park is the best?
This park has some special features, which help it stand out from the other national parks in the world. The main characteristics of the park are that the area within the park is highly protected and secured. This park securely protects the rare red orchids. Moreover, it gains its importance by showing how the animals and humans stay in the park with pure harmony.
We just get aww over how the religion, environment and culture melt together to form a wonderful landscape and generate a fantastic cultural love. The sense of tradition has helped them a lot in conserving the biodiversity.
User also read : Sikkim In Summer: Explore The Gorgeous Landscapes On Next Vacay!
People standing out:
Once the people of the place protested against two of the hydropower projects on the important river of Rathong Chu based on the grounds of religion and environment. They were successful in their protest.
Brand new ways through which you know the park:
- Do you know Khangchendzonga Biosphere Reserve is occupying 40% of the state? The fore, it is known to be the world’s biggest ecosystem. The park is occupying an area of 2931 sq.km. Moreover, the park is situated at an elevation of 1,220m or 8586m.
- It is located in the lap of the Himalayan range and has some rugged terrains of the KNP’S COMPLEX. The terrains serve well for lover of the wildlife, rock climbers, pilgrims, bird watcher and stargazers.
- Earlier the capital of Sikkim was Yuksom, which is located at the entry gate of KNP. The tourists because of its slow passed lifestyle, friendly nature, love this place and fantastic home stays. The food of the place is a n added benefit.
- Colaborating with the government of Sikkim, KCC is the first to carry out ecotourism in India. The NGO in Yuksom helps the tourist to manage and run the homestays. Still if you face any problem, you can always choose to stay in the hotels in Gangtok.
- Before you enter the park, everything you have bought is checked well. While you exit, if any item is found missing or lost you are fined because it means you have littered inside.
Visit this Park:
Come to this park to enjoy a wonderful wildlife and fantastic flora and fauna. With these beautiful things, you get to experience natural beauty with the fantastic touch of culture. There are many hotels in Gangtok for you to stay. You can always choose the best among them when you fell it’s the right time to visit the park. Your stay must always be in the best hotels of Gangtok.